It seems a little early to be thinking about the Flu season especially after not having very much of a summer weather wise this year. However, it will be fast upon us, please find our proposed dates for Market Lavington Surgery in 2023 listed below. We are continuing with our pre-booked system developed during the pandemic. With Covid numbers again on the increase we ask that you do not attend your appointment if you are covid positive. If you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms, please wear a face covering. The Government confirmed in spring this year that Flu vaccinations would NOT be available for all patients over 50. Therefore, the eligibility criteria for flu vaccinations are as follows:
- those aged 65 years and over
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023 (booked in a separate clinic at the surgery)
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person.
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants
Clinics will be held at the Surgery on the following dates:
|Saturday 7th October||Morning|
|Tuesday 10th October||Evening|
|Friday 13th October||Morning|
|Saturday 21st October||Morning|
|Friday 27th October||Morning|
|Saturday 11th November||Morning|
Appointments must be pre-booked. A ‘turn up and wait’ service will not be operating this year; it will be based on the successful appointment system operated in the previous three years.
We will be contacting those cohorts listed above via a text or phone call. If we have not contacted you and you believe you are eligible for a flu vaccination, please contact the Surgery on 01380 812500 to book your appointment.
The bookings for the flu clinic will not commence until the 14th of September when our vaccine delivery slot has been confirmed.
Please note, the procedure on the day will be as follows:
- Please ensure you wear a face mask at all times if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms (or if you are classed as immuno supressed) whilst inside the building. Alcohol gel will be available for your use.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. If you arrive too early, you may be asked to wait in your car /outside the building until the time of your appointment.
- On arrival, staff will direct you where to wait in order to maintain social distancing.
- Whilst waiting, you should remove all outer clothing/coats and roll up your sleeve.
- Once you have received your flu vaccination, you will be asked to immediately leave the building via a separate exit.
- If you can walk to the appointment then please do as the car park will be very busy.
Thank you for your continued support
Market Lavington Surgery