People in Devizes will have the chance to tour the town’s new health centre ahead of its official opening later this year.
Devizes Health Centre will welcome its first patients in December, and those who are interested to look inside will be able to do so during an open day taking place before the official opening date.
The tours, which will be held on Wednesday 14 December at 1pm and 2pm, will allow members of the public to get a first glimpse of the innovative £10.9 million facility on Marshall Road.
Patients of the four local GP practices – Lansdowne Surgery, Market Lavington Surgery, St James Surgery and Southbroom Surgery will be able to be referred for same or next-day medical care at the new health centre, making it easier for patients to access the care they need locally.
Community services currently provided by Wiltshire Health and Care at the Devizes Community Hospital will now be delivered in the health centre, alongside a range of outpatient services provided by the Royal United Hospitals Bath and some of Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust’s community mental health services.
A variety of different services, including blood testing and physiotherapy
will be based in the centre. Teams from different organisations will work
together in a more joined-up way in what will be one of the most state-of-the-art
healthcare environments in the country.
Devizes Health Centre will also lead the field in sustainable design, as one of a small number of net zero health facilities across England. The site will have an energy EPC rating of A+, and will utilise green technology, such as heat pumps and solar panels to enable the site to be self-sufficient.
Anyone wishing to attend one of the tours on Wednesday 14 December must register in advance using the online sign-up form, which can be found on the Eventbrite ticketing website at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/devizes-health-centre-public-tour-tickets-375822754977. Places are limited and will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
For more information on Devizes Health Centre, visit https://bsw.icb.nhs.uk/news-and-events/integrated-care-centres/devizes-health-centre/
Notes to Editors
- Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Board is a statutory organisation that is responsible for developing a plan of how to meet the health needs of the local population, managing the local NHS budget and arranging the provision of local health services
- As a sovereign corporate entity, the ICB has a Board made up of representatives from various organisations across the BSW health and care system
- Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Board is part of the wider BSW Integrated Care System, which brings NHS providers, local authorities, community providers and voluntary sector partners together to collaboratively plan and organise how health and care services are delivered
- The local integrated care system is also known as BSW Together, and is home to 88 GP practices, two mental health trusts, three local councils, a single ambulance provider, three acute hospitals, a number of other NHS providers and more than 2,800 voluntary organisations and community groups
- Visit www.bsw.icb.nhs.uk for more information