This year, perhaps more than ever, it is important that those at risk and the most vulnerable within our community receive a flu vaccination. Market Lavington Surgery has worked hard to provide a solution that allows flu clinics to take place whilst maintaining social distancing and managing the ongoing threats posed by Covid-19.
Clinics will be held at the Surgery on the following dates:
|Thursday 16th September||Evening|
|Saturday 18th September||Morning|
|Thursday 7th October||Evening|
|Saturday 9th October||Morning|
|Friday 15th October||Morning|
|Saturday 6th November||Morning|
|Friday 19th November||Morning|
Appointments must be pre-booked. A ‘turn up and wait’ service will not be operating this year. Instead, it will be based on the successful appointment system trialled in 2020.
Vaccinations will be offered in the first instance to the over 65s, as well as to those at risk due to an underlying health concern, and then we will offer out to those over 50s. If you believe you are eligible for a flu vaccination, please contact the Surgery on 01380 812500 to book your appointment.
Please note, the procedure on the day will be as follows:
- Please ensure you wear a face mask at all times whilst inside the building. Alcohol gel will be available for your use.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. If you arrive too early, you may be asked to wait in your car /outside the building until the time of your appointment.
- On arrival, staff will direct you where to wait in order to maintain social distancing.
- Whilst waiting, you should remove all outer clothing/coats and roll up your sleeve.
- All clinical staff will be wearing full PPE and there will be minimal contact with the patient.
- Once you have received your flu vaccination, you will be asked to immediately leave the building via a separate exit.
- If you can walk to the appointment then please do as the car park will be very busy.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these challenging times.
Market Lavington Surgery