We know that so soon after one of the hottest summers we have had in years, it seems a little early to be thinking about the Flu season. However, it will be fast upon us, please find our proposed dates for Market Lavington Surgery in 2022 listed below. We are continuing managing the ongoing threats posed by Covid-19 by using the pre-booked system. The Government confirmed in July 2022 that Flu vaccinations would again be available for all patients over 50.
Clinics will be held at the Surgery on the following dates:
|Saturday 8th October||Morning|
|Saturday 22nd October||Morning|
|Friday 28th October||Morning|
|Saturday 5th November||Morning|
|Thursday 10th November||Evening|
|Friday 18th November||Morning|
|Thursday 24th November||Evening|
Appointments must be pre-booked. A ‘turn up and wait’ service will not be operating this year; it will be based on the successful appointment system operated in the previous two years.
Vaccinations will be offered in the first instance to the over 65s, as well as to those at risk due to an underlying health concern, and then we will offer out to those over 50s. If you believe you are eligible for a flu vaccination, please contact the Surgery on 01380 812500 to book your appointment.
The bookings for the flu clinic will not commence until the 3rd of October to ensure we have had our Flu stocks delivered.
Please note, the procedure on the day will be as follows:
- Please ensure you wear a face mask at all times whilst inside the building. Alcohol gel will be available for your use.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. If you arrive too early, you may be asked to wait in your car /outside the building until the time of your appointment.
- On arrival, staff will direct you where to wait in order to maintain social distancing.
- Whilst waiting, you should remove all outer clothing/coats and roll up your sleeve.
- All clinical staff will be wearing full PPE and there will be minimal contact with the patient.
- Once you have received your flu vaccination, you will be asked to immediately leave the building via a separate exit.
- If you can walk to the appointment then please do as the car park will be very busy.